Global health is not just for doctors and nurses. It is an interdisciplinary field that requires expertise in a variety of domains, including engineering, logistics, education, economics, and business, to address complex problems. Undergraduate students from all majors are encouraged to participate in the various student events and organizations that VIGH provides to learn more about the exciting field of global health.
Below you will find links to various organizations, events, and information that will help you learn more about global health and ways that you can contribute.
- VIGH Student Advisory Council – SAC brings together diverse students interested in global health with the goal of fostering cross-disciplinary student networking and collaboration. Members of SAC serve as a bridge between VIGH and the student body. SAC coordinates two groups: the case competition and the global health alliance. Join SAC’s Anchor Link page!
- Global Health Case Competition – This annual interdisciplinary competition in February brings together undergraduate, graduate, and professional students from each of Vanderbilt’s ten schools to create multifaceted solutions to a global health issue.
- Global Health Alliance – The GHA is a coordinating body to enhance collaboration and dissemination of information among Vanderbilt students interested in global health. Here you can find a list of all student global health organizations at Vanderbilt as well as links to their webpages.
- Global Health Opportunities Database – Find various opportunities, here and abroad, for internships and research with our VIGH partners.
- Global Health Video Modules – Learn more about a variety of global health topics including water and sanitation, malaria, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, nutrition, and quality improvement. (VUnetID login required)
- View the VIGH calendar for upcoming lectures, forums, and events (and add this calendar to your own by clicking on “+ Google calendar” on the bottom right)
Find these opportunities listed on the Undergraduate Global Health Opportunities Information Sheet